Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Is there death after life?

In recent years I've developed an interesting theory about this. People often ask the question, "Is there life after death?" I have died at least once that I can remember and now wonder whether the better question to ask is, "Is there death after life?" After my brief death, I came "back to life" but I'm not entirely convinced the life I came back to was the same one that I left. I notice lots of little subtle differences that could be quite spooky, if I allowed myself to be spooked by them. Taken to the extreme, I wonder if we don't die a little every time we sleep and dream - each day waking not just to a new day but to a new variation on life.

Science today points to "matter" - the substance of the universe - being something that "blinks" between being in existence and not being in existence. It's only the fact that particles of matter (which are simultaneously waveforms) are so small and that there are so many of them all blinking on and off at different frequencies that we perceive "continuity" in the universe. I've also come to believe that time isn't linear. Rather, time itself is periodic motion - a waveform. As a waveform it means that it moves through a 360 degree cycle - a circle - and that there is a point in time where its at zero. In other words, there is a point in time where nothing exists, just like when a single particle of matter vanishes, only to immediately come back into existence. More than this, the "big bang" isn't the beginning of time but simply this zero point in the periodic cycle of time.

Also interesting is, if it's the case that matter blinks on and off, it's perfectly analogous with the 1s and 0s of binary - the mother tongue of computers. This all sounds like The Matrix, but I don't believe in any kung-fu Super Jesus characters like Neo.

Getting back to life and death, we see life around us being born, growing and aging, and finally dying. But if everything in the universe is the duality of particles and waveforms, the "interference" of so many different frequency of vibrations is such that it creates the illusion of continuity that we perceive as life and death.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home