Thursday, December 13, 2007

Ok, it's official: I am an insipient absent-minded professor!

It goes like this: I got all dressed up for my meeting and turned up at the arranged location with my usual pathological earliness. I read a bit (more of that later) as a kind of mental twiddling of the thumbs until 11 am rolled around. It came: it went. At 11.06 am I phoned the aforementioned to enquire as to his whereabouts, but "no answer" was the stern reply. I read some more. Maybe I got the time wrong. Maybe, the meeting was scheduled for 11.30 am. At 11.27 am I phoned again and got a reply:

Me: Hi, where are you?

Him: Did you call me earlier?

Me: Yes, I'm at (the place - I wasn't sure I had it right) - where are you?

Him: The meeting is tomorrow!

Me: (Thinking "tomorrow" is Saturday and wondering how I could have gotten it so wrong) It is? It IS Friday today, isn't it?

Him: (cell phone breaking up a bit) No, it's Thursday.

Me: Oh. Fuck. See you tomorrow.

*click*

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home