Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Things that make me say 'fuck!'

PCs running Windoze that you turn off one day only to discover when you turn them back on the next, you find a whole bunch of regularly used devices and programs no longer have their drivers installed. And you know what? I'm not even remotely interested in an explanation as to why that might happen. Why? Let me put it this way.

I stepped into the computer world 21 years ago. Yes, this is my 'puter "coming of age". To continue the human age analogy, that first computer of mine was like a breech birth. It was an Atari-ST: its monitor was kinda deformed and funny and its B&W palate harkened back to television of the 1950s. It had 4 meg of RAM, which is to say, it was completely and utterly retarded by today's Terrabyte standards.

Yet, that computer traveled the world quite literally in a plastic milk crate. Now, in 2007, as it comes of age, I am proud to say that that little machine was never once sick with viruses. It's "operating system" was simple: supply electricity - after 21 years, it STILL does its farking job!

I feel like "supplying electricity" to the testicles of people who foisted Micro$oft onto the world. Your OS sucks more ass than an African Tapeworm.

Fuck it.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home